Sunday, August 30, 2026

August 30, 2026

Two days this week, I walked 3 miles. This is progress.

My walking views


We had a great FHE with the other seniors on Elder Bednar’s definition of enduring to the end. Said good-bye to the Cannons, who are finished their assignment as goodwill ambassadors of the church to the UN in Geneva. Monday evening we met Pres. Liebard and his wife of the Paris North mission at our first medical health council (MHC).  Dr. Cook, area dentistry, didn’t realize we were back in France.  He did not know we had extended until April of '27.


On Pday we took Srs. Bucy and Hänni to the Caves of  Thouzon. These were not discovered until 1902 and are in pristine condition. There were some beautiful formations and an oak tree root which had survived a five meter journey from the surface through the limestone.   


We took a brief diversion to Isle sur la Sorgue and walked along the amazingly clear river to see some of the old water wheels.  We tried to have a Moroccan lunch but couldn’t find the restaurant so ended up with meatballs at IKEA.  We also took them grocery shopping before dropping them at their  apartment.

Wednesday we heard from Jenna Mollinet (one of the first Soeurs we worked with in Chalon).  She was in Waterton with Jack’s family and Jane and Ron.  Apparently, she and Georgia Hicken, Jack’s granddaughter, are best friends at BYU and she was invited to join them on their trip to Canada.  It is such a small world. In the evening we attended Institute.


Three weeks ago, I was invited to speak in church. I wrote my talk based on two quotes.

Elder Peter Meurs: The Savior’s redeeming power applies to accidental mistakes, poor decisions, challenges, and trials of every kind— as well as to our sins. As we turn to Him, our feelings of guilt and remorse are gradually replaced with peace and rest.

Pres. Nelson: When the Savior atoned for all mankind, He opened a way that those who follow Him can have access to His healing, strengthening and redeeming power. Those spiritual privileges are available to all who seek to hear Him and to follow Him.


I shared 3 stories—the bread, chicken and cake (physical healing), Dad finding Zona (emotional healing), and a story of my own about judgement, loving, and forgiving (spiritual healing).


Of course it was all in French, which Tom translated for me and then recorded on my IPad so I could hear it over and over again. Today was the delivery day and the congregation could feel the Spirit and understand my French.  I am humbled by the help from both here and above.


On a lighter note, I made a caprese salad for the first time this week with fresh basil that grows by our door. It was quite delicious.

Rock formation that reminds me of my mother's favorite mountain in Canmore


No comments:

Post a Comment

August 30, 2026

Two days this week, I walked 3 miles. This is progress. My walking views We had a great FHE with the other seniors on Elder Bednar’s definit...